‘Tis the Season…For Giving (with Double the Impact!)
November 29, 2016 – Join in the Giving Tuesday movement and celebrate this Advent season of light with a gift, doubled in value up to $8,000, to support our shared mission at Bright Stars of Bethlehem!
Regrettably, the story of our Lord’s birth may not have happened today in Bethlehem due to a wall surrounding three sides of the city. Thankfully our hope is not in governments or laws. Our hope is in God.
Through your support of Bright Stars of Bethlehem, you bring the Light of Christ to a place filled with darkness. We believe that now is the time for reconciliation. It is not a time for us to cower or to turn a blind eye to the atrocities taking place every day, but it is a time to live out our faith and shine Christ’s Light throughout the world, especially in Bethlehem.
Your gift can go further. Any gift given online through December 15th will be matched dollar for dollar up to $8,000 thanks to the generosity of grateful supporters.
Make an even bigger impact!
If you are 70½ or older you may qualify to make a charitable contribution directly from your IRA to support the ministry of Bright Stars of Bethlehem. If you qualify, there are many tax-favorable benefits including not having to first recognize the distribution as income on your tax return.
Here are a few of the requirements:
- Donors must have reached age 70½ and older.
- A donor’s total combined charitable IRA rollover contributions cannot exceed $100,000 in any one year. Married couples can give as much as $200,000 if they each have an IRA.
- A donor’s IRA rollover qualifies for the required minimum distribution.
- Distributions can only be made from traditional IRAs or Roth IRAs. Charitable donations from 403(b) plans, 401(k) plans, pension plans, and other retirement plans are ineligible for the tax-free treatment.
- Distributions must be made directly from the IRA trustee payable to the public charity.
- Donors cannot receive any goods or services in return for charitable IRA rollover contributions in order to qualify for tax-free treatment.
If you are interested in exploring an IRA gift, please check with your tax advisor. You can also contact Beth Nelson Chase by email or phone 815.315.0682.
This global celebration of giving, a movement that began five years ago as a response to the commercialism of Christmas, occurs on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
Won’t you please consider participating with a gift of hope for people we serve in Palestine?